I have an amazing sister in law from New York. Before she married my brother she let me stay in her apartment across the street from a brilliant Whole Foods supermarket (I honestly could have lived there).
New York has fabulous food, but my favourite thing to do when I arrived back after a tiring day of sightseeing was go to Whole Foods for a Sonoma chicken wrap. These also make a great lunchbox staple. The filling can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a couple of days. Serve the wrap along with some soup for a quick and tasty supper.
This is my version, and combines soft and crunchy, sweet and savoury. You can change the proportions of the ingredients based on your own preferences.
4 Flour tortillas
250 grams Cooked chicken
2 Stalks of celery
50 grams Pecan nuts
100 grams Black grapes
2 Tbsps. Crème Fraiche
2 Tbsps. Mayonnaise
- Toast pecans in a dry pan, until they smell nutty. The nuts can burn really quickly so keep an eye on them. This may seem like a faff, but it’s worth doing as it really improves the flavour
- Dice or shred the chicken
- Chop the celery into small dice and halve the grapes
- Combine all the ingredients, and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Lay out the tortillas and fill the centre with lettuce and the chicken filling, roll up and devour