This is a really quick and tasty tray bake, and is always a crowd pleaser.
It’s also a good recipe to make with kids, if you can stop them eating all the honeycomb and have no moral objection to fighting a small child to lick the spoon.
600gm Chocolate (I use a mixture of dark and milk chocolate)
2 Tbsp. Golden syrup
125gm Ginger nuts
125gm Honeycomb (I use honeycomb bars available in multipacks)
- Break the chocolate into small pieces, add to the butter and golden syrup in a glass bowl placed over a pan of simmering water until melted, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water (you can melt this in a microwave if you prefer, I’d recommend giving the mixture blasts of 30 seconds and checking so as not to burn the chocolate)
- Break the honeycomb and ginger biscuits into chunks (I prefer these on the chunkier side, this works best if these pieces aren’t too fine)
- Line a 12cm by 12cm dish with parchment paper
- Add two thirds of the chocolate mix to the honeycomb and biscuits and mix well, spread this mix even in the dish lined with parchment paper
- Spread the rest of the chocolate mix on top and smooth out. Allow the chocolate to set, and then cut into slices