A remedy for over indulging the night before, or if you just feel like you need a good breakfast. They’re also pretty good at any time of day.
These freeze really well and I usually freeze a couple for days when I’m on the go, it takes a few minutes to microwave these once they’re defrosted. This is a vegetarian recipe and is tasty as it is, but meat eaters can add bacon or chorizo if they feel they need to.
2 Large potatoes
1 Large onion
2 Bell peppers
1 Chilli pepper
Handful of chopped parsley or coriander (or a mixture of both if you have them)
4 Flour tortillas
3 Tbsp. Olive oil
50 gm Grated Cheese (I use cheddar, but use what you have at hand)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and chop into 1cm squares, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a large frying pan, and potatoes and cook over a medium heat. Turn every 5 minutes, or whenever they are starting to brown
- Chop onion and peppers, and add to the potatoes after the potatoes have started to brown
- When the potatoes have browned and the onions and peppers have softened add the herbs and season with salt and pepper
- In another pan, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, in a bowl whisk the 8 eggs and add to the pan. Scramble until light and fluffy and season with salt and pepper if needed
- Lay out a tortilla, add one quarter of the potato mixture, the scrambled egg, and grated cheese along the middle of the tortilla. Using the edge closest to you, fold this side over, tucking the two outside edges and the tortilla to make the burrito.
- Serve immediately, or allow cool, then wrap and freeze (you can double these quantities if you want to make a larger batch to freeze)