Some people get weird about combining sweet and savoury, but give this a chance, it really works. Grilling nectarines/peaches amplifies the flavour and along with tender juicy lamb they’re just perfect. The tahini dressing brings the whole thing together. I like to serve it with some bulgar wheat and salad, but it’s also delicious wrapped in a flatbread for lunch.
4 Nectarines (cut into quarters)
For the kofta
400 Grams Minced Lamb
1 Tsp Dried mint
1 Tsp Salt
For the Dressing
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Tahini
1 Tbsp Cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the lamb, mint, egg, and salt together with your hands. Form into torpedo ships about 6cm long. Put on a plate or tray and chill for 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees, and then bake for 20 minutes
- Preheat a grill pan and add the nectarines. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until char marks appear
- Mix olive oil, tahini, and vinegar together and season to taste
- When the lamb is cooked, plate up with the nectarines and drizzle with the dressing.