Sometimes all you want after a long day at work, when you arrive home cold and wet is a tasty chicken dinner.
This a straight forward, easy to make dinner with plenty of vegetables. I usually serve this with mashed potatoes, or crusty bread to mop up all the delicious juices.
8 Small chicken thighs or 4 Large chicken thighs (I prefer to use chicken thighs that still have bone in because I think the flavour is better)
250 Grams Mushrooms
250ml Chicken stock
125 Grams Half fat creme fraiche
1 Large sprig of thyme (fresh parsley also works well)
- Add the chicken thighs skinside down (you can remove the skin if you prefer) to large deep pan with a lid
- Seal the chicken thighs on both side, and add sliced leeks and mushrooms
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add the chicken stock
- Cover the pan and simmer of 15 minutes (if you’re using large chicken thighs, give them another 5-10 minutes)
- Remove the lid and cook for a further minutes to let the sauce thicken a little
- Stir in the creme fraiche and remove from the heat before serving