I came home from work, and had lots of bits and pieces in the fridge that needed used up. I rustled this up, and it was pretty quick and tasty. You can switch up the ingredients based on what you have rattling around the fridge.
150 Grams Mushrooms
2 Cloves of garlic
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 Jar of pesto
500 Grams Passata
50 Grams Parmesan
50 Grams Mozzarella
- Slice the aubergine into thin slices, and brush with olive oil before adding to a frying pan.
- Cook the slices for 2-3 minutes on each side over a medium heat until they start to colour
- In a separate pan add 1tbsp of oil, fry the chopped onion, mushrooms and garlic until soft
- Add the passata and simmer until the sauce thickens
- In an oven proof dish add a layer of the tomato sauce, add a layer of the aubergine slices
- Spread a thin layer of pesto and cheese on top of this
- Repeat these layers until you run out of ingredients
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted