The salty creamy feta, the earthiness of the lentils is balanced by the sweet potatoes and is damned delicious.
This makes a good vegetarian lunch served with some greens and because of all the protein is pretty satisfying. It also goes really well alongside barbequed chicken. But as always, put it with what suits you.
200 Grams Feta Cheese (see food hack)
200 Grams Cooked Green Lentils (I used dried lentils because that was what I had in the cupboard, but you can also use pouches or cans of lentils if you don’t have time).
4 Sweet Potatoes
3 Tbsps. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, and add Tbsp. of oil to a baking sheet.
- Dice the sweet potatoes into 2 cm squares and add to the baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Dice the feta cheese into 2 cm squares.
- Add the remaining olive oil and vinegar to the lentils and combine with the sweet potatoes and feta cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
(Food hack; use supermarket own Greek salad cheese, it costs less than ”feta” and is exactly the same thing).