Do you have a chocoholic in your life, then this is the recipe for you?
If you want to do something special serve them with creme fraiche or fresh cream and fruit for the perfect breakfast or brunch dish.
They also make a great dessert, served warm with ice cream and you could even spread them with Nutella if you want to make them even more indulgent.
These pancakes freeze well if you want to make a batch and freeze.
Makes 12-15 pancakes
225 Grams Self raising flour
100 Grams Chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips as I like the contrast)
50 Grams Cocoa powder
1 Tbsp Caster sugar
1 Tsp Baking powder
Large pinch of salt
400 mil Milk
Oil and butter to fry
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt to a large bowl and combine
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and start to whisk, gradually add the milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump free
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well
- In a non stick frying pan, add a small knob of butter and a teaspoon of oil and heat over a medium to high heat
- Ladle in 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture in to the pan and wait until bubbles start to appear on the pancake. This will be the sign that the pancake is ready to turn, cook for a further minute or two. Repeat until you have used up all the batter (I always give it a stir as the chocolate chips will sink to the bottom and you want some chips in every pancake)
- Serve with some butter or syrup, or ice cream if you’re making this for dessert