I hate food waste, but like everyone else I’m not perfect.
One of the things I always ended up throwing out was Greek yogurt. The small pots weren’t enough, and the larger containers meant I always had some left over.
A friend told me about this recipe and I love it. Most people are put off making bread bread because it can take time to prove, knead etc. This couldn’t be quicker or easier.
Equal amounts of flour and yoghurt, and like making scones these rolls benefit from not handling to much. This recipe makes 4 rolls, but you can double the recipe if you want more. You can brush the uncooked rolls with egg or melted butter if you want a glazed top, but I just sprinkled with flour.
I haven’t given exact weights. I literally just used a mug to ensure I was measuring equal amounts.
These also freeze really well.
1 Cup self raising flour
1 Cup of Greek yogurt (I used full fat yoghurt as this is what I had, it also gives a softer texture, but use what you have)
- Measure out the flour and yoghurt and add to a bowl.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees (or around 350 if you’re using Fahrenheit)
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough is combined and turn onto a lightly floured surface
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll into balls
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until the bottoms sound hollow when tapped