I really enjoy coming up with my own recipes. But, sometimes I just want to make something that I know will turn out well and taste delicious.
For these Blondies I’ve used a recipe featured one of the Great British Bake Off cook books. I don’t know who the contestant was who came up with these beauties, but they taste fantastic.
175 Grams White chocolate
150 Grams Pecans
115 Grams Butter
100 Grams Caster Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
125 Grams Plain flour
1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a 9in x 9in brownie tin with grease proof paper
- Cut the butter and chocolate into chunks and add to a heat proof bowl. Put the bowl over a pot of warm water and stir until melted
- Add the sugar, (it might look curdled but don’t panic). Allow to cool.
- While the chocolate mix is cooling, put the eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl and beat with a fork until frothy, and stir in to the cooled chocolate mix
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and mix into the chocolate mix along with 100 grams on the pecans
- Transfer the mix to your baking tin and top with the remaining pecans
- Bake for 25 minutes, allow to cool in the tin
- These should stay fresh for 3-4 days in an airtight tin