I know, I’m becoming obsessed with blondies during the lock down, but they are so easy and so versatile.
I wanted something delicious and had run out of chocolate. After a quick scan though my cupboards and my favourite recipes, I settled on this recipe based on one from Cafe Sucre Farine. I like these with a cup of coffee, but they’re also great with a big glass of ice cold milk, or for dessert served with ice cream.
I actually used lingonberry jam (usually served with meatballs at a large Swedish furniture store), because it was all I had, and it worked fine. You can use whatever flavour of jam/jelly you want or have at home. This is a pretty simple recipe so is probably ideal if you have little hands to keep busy, kids love dolloping on and swirling the pb & j.
For the blondies
120 Grams Butter
60 Grams Peanut butter
125 Grams Light brown sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
200 Grams Plain flour
For the topping
80 Grams Peanut butter
80 Grams Jelly/Jam
- Pre-heat your oven 180 degrees, and line a 8in x 8in baking tin with baking parchment
- Melt 60 Grams peanut butter and butter together in the microwave. I usually give it 30 seconds blasts so as not to burn it, and obviously use a microwave safe bowl
- When the peanut butter and butter have melted allow to cool a little add the sugar, salt and baking powder, stir in a beaten egg and then the flour.
- Mix until thoroughly combined, and transfer the mix to your lined baking tin
- For the topping in two separate bowls add the jam and peanut butter, and microwave each for 30 seconds to soften. Dollop spoonfuls of each across the top of the blonde mix. Then smear with the back of a spoon to give a marbled affect.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes, and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes