You can make an almost infinite variety of rocky road bars. The key thing is include lots of different textures.
I used mini eggs because they are basically my crack cocaine. My other more recent addiction is Bishoff biscuits. I’ve used these here, but you can use any type of crunchy biscuit or cookie you prefer.
400 Grams Chocolate (I used half milk and half dark chocolate, but use what you prefer)
125 Grams Bishoff biscuits
100 Grams Marshmallows
250 Grams Mini Eggs
3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
50 Grams Butter
- Break the chocolate in to chunks, and add to a microwave proof bowl along with the butter and golden syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the butter and chocolate have melted
- Place the biscuits in a freezer bag any bash with a rolling pin (if you don’t have one a tin can will do). The biscuits should be be broken into bits but not too small or all crumbs. Put the broken biscuits in a large bowl
- Add half the mini eggs to the freezer bag and bash these too. Add to the broken biscuits and add the Marshmallows
- Pour two thirds of the chocolate mix into the bowl and stir until combined. Line a 12cm X 18cm dish with baking paper and transfer the rock road mix into it. Spread evenly.
- Cover the rocky road mix with the chocolate you held back. I use a wet palate knife to smooth the top (an ordinary knife is fine if you don’t have one, as rocky roads are bumpy)
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the crushed mini eggs and refrigerate for a minimum 1-2 hours before cutting into slices