OMG I love a spud (maybe it’s my Irish DNA). Just when I thought roast potatoes were practically perfect in every way. I discovered these.
Potatoes roasted with garlic and herbs in olive oil and lemon juice, are little flavour bombs. I could eat a bowl of these on their own. However, they’re also fantastic with chicken or fish. I have also been known to fry up left over ones (the only reason there were left overs was because I was physically incapable of eating any more) the next day and topping with a fried egg, yum!
750 Grams Potatoes
1 Lemon (juice only)
50ml Olive oil
1 Tsp Dried thyme
1 Tsp Dried oregano
1 Bulb of garlic
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into 3-4 cm chunks. Par bowl in salted water for 5 minutes
- Put an oven proof dish in the oven
- In a bowl, add the oil, herbs and lemon juice. Cut the bulb of garlic into four
- Drain the potatoes, add the garlic, and oil mixture then transfer to the preheated dish
- Put in the oven and bake for about 1 hour, mixing roughly every 20 minutes, until golden and crispy
Thank you, they really do taste so good.