This is a great dish at anytime of day, I like it at weekends when you’ve slept a little bit later and maybe need a little bit of help with a hangover (basically brunch). Quick, satisfying and easy to make, its also ideal as mid week dinner.
If you’re vegetarian, you can swap out the chorizo for a teaspoon of smoked paprika for the same flavour.
50 Grams Chorizo (thinly sliced) or 1 Tbsp of smoked paprika
400 Grams Tin of butter beans (drained)
1 Small onion or 4-5 scallions/spring onions (finely sliced)
1 Red pepper
200 Grams Cherry tomatoes (chopped)
Salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan with a lid, add the chorizo until it starts to release it’s oil, remove from the pan and set to one side
- Add the vegetables to the pan and cook until soft. Add the butter beans to the pan and crush gently with the back of a spoon
- Add the chorizo back to the pan and stir well.
- Make four wells in the mix and crack an egg into each well
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until the egg whites are cooked