Healthy food can still be rich and unctuous. This makes a great week night dinner or you can assemble and bake the following day.
Packed with flavour and protein, this makes a deeply satisfying meal. I love it served with salad and crusty bread.
200 Grams Halloumi (allow the halloumi to come to room temperature before using)
340 Gram Tin of Chick peas
150 Grams Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
1 Onion (roughly chopped)
1 Courgette (roughly chopped)
Large sprig of thyme
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (Celsius)
- Add oil to a large pan over a medium heat, add onion, courgettes and mushrooms, and thyme and cook for 5 minutes, stirring until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the chick peas and passata, and simmer for a another 5-10 minutes before transfering to an oven proof dish
- Slice the halloumi into 1cm think slices and brush or spray with a little oil
- Top the vegetable mix with the halloumi and bake for 25-30 mins or until the cheese had turn a rich golden brown.