This is inspired by a recipe I saw from Katie’s Cucina, and I knew I had to try. I’ve tweaked the proportions of her recipe but it’s pretty straight forward. The hardest thing about it will be not going back and forth to the freezer to “check it’s OK”.
It has only 3 ingredients, and doesn’t need all the faff most ice creams recipes involve, like needing stir it constantly or having to have an ice cream maker.
This tastes spectacular as it is, but teams really with anything chocolate related. Really the taste of toasted marshmallows is something else. This is definately a pure filth recipe. But there is always room for a little filth in your life.
200 Grams Mini marshmallows
250 ml Condensed milk
125 ml Double cream
- Line an oven proof tray with tin foil and rub this with a thin film of oil
- Turn on your grill to high, spread the marshmallows evenly across the tray
- Put the tray under the grill and watch closely. You’re looking for toasted but not burnt, and this can happen in a matter of seconds if you don’t watch out
- In a bowl with the cream and condensed milk together with an electric whisk until it thickens. You can use a stand mixer if you have one
- Add the toasted marshmallows gradually (they’ll want clog up the whisk otherwise) and whisk at a medium speed until thoroughly mixed. You’ll see little flecks of brown from the toasted parts of the marshmallow but this where the flavour is.
- Freeze for 8 hours (and do your best not to eat it all yourself)