These were inspired by the great minds at Thug Kitchen, these food writers like myself, try to stay healthy and are prone to saying f*ck quite a lot. You can also use vegan dark chocolate if that’s your thing.
Gorgeous on a hot day, or my own guilty pleasure is to have them while sitting on the sofa with a cup of coffee. But f*ck it, eat them how you like.
6 Lollipop sticks
100 grams Dark chocolate (you can use vegan chocolate if that’s your thing)
1 Tsp. Coconut Oil
50 grams chopped almonds (peanuts, or hazelnuts also work really well)
- Line a baking sheet or plate with grease proof paper.
- Toast the nuts in a dry pan, and set to one side. (It’s worth taking the time to do this, as it really improves the flavour).
- Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl over a pot of barely simmering water, and allow it to melt. You can also try melting this in the microwave, by give it blasts of 30 seconds at a time. Once the chocolate has melted, stir in the teaspoon of coconut oil.
- While the chocolate is melting, peel the bananas and cut width ways. Stick the lollipop stick up the middle of the banana from the flat end.
- When the chocolate is melted dip the banana in it, using a spoon to cover any bits that aren’t covered.
- Sprinkle the chocolate covered bananas with the nuts, place on the grease proof paper and put in the freezer for 2 hours.
- When frozen if you aren’t going to eat these immediately, but them in freezer bag.