I’ve played around with a couple of different versions, including one with courgettes that turned into a gloopy mess. This is the best version I’ve tried, and tastes really good with eggs for breakfast/brunch, or with a salad for a light lunch.
The sweetness of the carrot and sweet potato tastes really good with the savoury hit of the spring onion and creamy tang from the cheese. When cooking these they take on on quite a lot of colour but don’t worry, this is how they are meant to be.
1 Large Sweet potato
1 Large Carrot
2 Scallions/spring onions
2 Tbsps Plain flour
109 Grams Feta cheese
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying
- Grate the sweet potato and carrot, set aside in a bowl
- Chop spring onions, and add to the bowl.
- Crumble the Feta and add to the bowl along with the flour, eggs, and seasoning before mixing well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and when hot add the mix in large spoonfuls to makes individual fritters
- Press the fritters down with a spatula and cook for 5 minutes on each side
- These go quite dark, but don’t panic they’re meant to
- If you prefer not to make individual fritters, you can add the whole mix to a pan and cook like a hash