I hate food waste. So when I see stuff has been hanging about the fridge for a couple days I try to find a way to use it up.
I had some lardons left from another dish I had made. I also had some feta cheese and vegetables. I decided to make a fritatta, which is great to slice up and use from breakfast or brunch, and makes a great lunch box filler.
100 Grams Feta cheese
100 Grams Lardons (cut up streaky bacon would also work)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
100 Grams Kale (cooked)
100 Grams Frozen peas (thawed)
1 Tbsp Chopped parsley (optional)
Salt and pepper
- Heat a large pan, and add the lardons
- Fry until crispy, and then remove from the pan
- Add the onion to the pan, cook over a low heat until soft
- The kale, parsley and peas, and crumble the Feta cheese into the oan
- In a separate bowl, crack 8 eggs and beat, before adding to the frying pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix all the ingredients well
- Transfer to a 8 inch x 12 inch baking tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes in an oven pre heated to 200 degrees. Cook until just firm and allow to set in the tin
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.