One of the numerous things I’m missing in lockdown is a cheeky visit to a well known Swedish furniture super store. This includes spending twice what I meant to and eating my own weight in meatballs.
You can freeze the meat balls (before they have been added to the sauce), and these make a really handy mid week meal. They can be added to a tomato sauce with pasta or in a meatball sub.
This creamy version is great for anyone following a keto or low carb diet. It’s also great with mashed potatoes or pasta for anyone who anyone who is isn’t reducing their carb intake.
For the meatballs
500 Grams Minced beef
250 Grams Minced pork
1 Egg (beaten)
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Black pepper
1 Tsp Garlic granules, or 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
For the sauce
250 Grams Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Tbsp Oil
250 ml Beef stock
250 ml Double cream
1 Tbsp Chopped parsley (optional)
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs to a large bowl and mix well with your hands to make sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Make meatballs slightly smaller than a golf ball and place in an oven proof dish. When all the mix has been used to make the meatballs, refrigerate for at least an hour to set
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree and bake the meatballs for 25 minutes
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the mushrooms stirring occasionally until soft.
- Add the beef stock and cream to the mushrooms and alow to simmer over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has started to thicken.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, and simmer for s further five minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and then serve