On cold days you want eat something wholesome and delicious with very little effort, and this is perfect. Roast chicken veggies and potato dumplings mmm.
What’s even better is that everything is cooked in the same tray, so you have fewer dishes to wash.
I use shop bought gnocchi, as most of us don’t have time to make them. This helps make this a really easy dish, that just needs to be assembled and then the oven does the work.
8 Small or 4 large chicken thighs
1 Leek (cut into chunks)
1 Red pepper (cut into chunks)
100 Grams Spinach
1 Tsp Smoked paprika
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp White wine or cider vinegar (I promise you won’t taste vinegar, but it will help bring out the flavours)
500 Grams Bag of Gnocchi
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (Celsius)
- Sprinkle the olive oil on the base of a large roasting tray
- Place the chicken, Leeks, peppers and gnocchi in the tray and sprinkle with smoked paprika, salt and pepper
- Bake for 30 minutes, and remove from the oven. Sprinkle the vinegar over vegetables and add the spinach and mix through the contents of the tray
- Bake for a another 15 minutes and the serve. Double check that the chicken is cooked (the juices should run clear, cook for longer if they aren’t)