My brother made this soup for me and I loved it. He only gave me the recipe on condition of a name check, so thanks Michael.
This is proper comfort food, and while the recipe is Vegan friendly it’s a really hearty stick to your ribs meal in a bowl.
400 Gram Tin of cannelini beans
2 Stalks of celery (fine chopped)
2 Carrots (grated)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
1 Vegetable stock cube (or tablespoon of buillion powder)
2 Cloves of garlic (crushed or very finely chopped)
1 Tbsp Oil
500 ml Boiling water
- Add the oil to a deep sauce pan and heat over a medium heat
- Add the onion and fry gently for 5 minutes until the onion softens but doesn’t colour
- Then add the carrot and celery and cook gently for an other 10 minutes
- Stir in the garlic and beans (including half the water they came in), crumble in the stock cube, add the boiling water and stir well. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if you feel it needs it
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the the vegetables are soft and then serve with crusty bread