Does rich unctuous chocolate ganache, sitting on a crispy chewy macaroon base sound good, yep it sounded good to me too.
This recipe is super simple, and has only 5 ingredients. It’s also gluten free, so it’s perfect if you’re cooking for friends. Delicious served along ice cream as a dessert, but I enjoy it with a cup of strong coffee.
300 Grams Dessicated coconut
1/2 Tsp salt
350 ml Condensed milk
300 Grams Dark chocolate
250 ml Double cream
- Combine the condensed milk, salt and coconut in a bowl and mix well
- Grease a 24cm round springform cake tin
- Empty the coconut mixture into the tin. With the back of a spoon, press the coconut into the of the tin and up about 4cm at the sides of the tin
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown
- While the base is cooling, heat cream until just before boiling
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a bowl and pour the hot cream on top. Whisk the chocolate and cream together until the chocolate has totally melted
- When the base is cool top with the chocolate mixture and set aside to cool completely (I couldn’t wait, but you might have more self control)